Andy Hightower, one of our guests tonight on Kentucky Tonight wrote on his Kentucky Club for Growth website last week that the 2011 gubernatorial candidates had boiled down their action plans for comprehensive tax form to these phrases:
- -Governor Steve Beshear: “Do Nothing”
- -Senate President David Williams: “Create a Commission”
- -Phil Moffett: “Simplify”
- -Bobbie Holsclaw: “Wrong Foot”
- -Gatewood Gailbraith: “Reward Certain Populations”
Which one, if any, do you agree with?
Our guests tonight are:
- -State Rep. Jim Wayne, D-Louisville
- -State Rep. Bill Farmer, R-Lexington
- -Terry Brooks, executive director of Kentucky Youth Advocates
- -Andy Hightower, executive director of the Kentucky Club for Growth
I believe I’ll ask Andy to lead off the conversation tonight with an explanation of each of those proposals.
I hope you’ll join us tonight, January 31, at 8/7 pm CT on KET, on-line, and on the phone. As always, you can send questions in advance or during the program by phone (800-494-7605) and email (email@example.com). The program is closed-captioned for the hearing-impaired; the number for TDD calls is 800-395-5388.