Posts Tagged ‘epub’
Thursday, February 14th, 2013 by Tom Martin
The 2013 KET Young Writers Contest begins February 15th and continues through April 13th.
We look forward to reading and sharing these stories each year, so start planning today!
Tuesday, July 10th, 2012 by Tom Martin
Thank you for participating in the session. The below is a rough outline and resource links to serve as a launch point for the activities we will be getting into today. This session focused on eBooks, their applications for your classroom & creating and distributing powerful digital content.
- What is the difference between ePub, eBooks, PDF’s, and iTextbook
- Introduction to using iBooks Author
- How to publish and share iTextBooks you have created
- Introduction to using Pages to create epub files
- Overview of how to use tools and widgets within that application
- How to publish and share eBooks you have created
- Introduction to KET and KET TD media resources that are available to help create iText Books and eBooks
- Samples of ebooks created by students using these resources–could be used as a form of assessment
Downloads for session participants:
- Prezi Outline: http://prezi.com/lvpjdfn-auzw/ebook-making-easy-effective-fun/
- iBooks textbook of material presented in the session along with a step-by-step guide to using the tools and widgets
- Sample of student-created ebooks
- Links to KET resources (embedded within the textbook and ebook)
- eBook manual of material presented in the session, along with a step-by-step guide to using the tools and widgets
- KyEdTech blog: links to ePub resources, digital textbook articles, and other various resources
- eBook Flyer.jpg